Thursday, April 26, 2007

NBA Basketball Playoff - Day 6

Well, I normally am not one to vent - but here it goes. If you watched that Dallas/Golden State game last night, you saw the essence of what I call "home cookin". It smelled real good if you had Dallas last night, like a Thanksgiving feast. Baron Davis tossed from the game, Steven Jackson tossed from the game. Free throws shot in the game - 43 Dallas - 27 Golden State, with 8 of Golden States free throw attempts in the last 4 minutes with game out of reach. To make matters worse, they called a phantom foul with 7 seconds left in the game with the total at 209, and the 12th man from the Warriors buried two free throws to take the game over the total. I can usually sniff out the home cookin prior to the game, and this one I thought was gonna happen late in the 4th and Dallas would squeak by with a win.

Tonight we have 3 more games:

NBA playoff record 8-6-1, +1.2 units
NBA 2007 record 93-54-2, +53.0 units
Tonights plays:
Utah -2 first half
Utah/Houston under 93 first half
Detroit/Orlando over 183
Suns -180 ML

Utah -4.5 vs Houston - Houston has won and covered both games in the series. This should be a close game till the end. I don't like the way Utah has played during the last half of the season. But, I do think that they will step it up right out of the box, and both teams will play tight for the first half. I am taking Utah -2 first half and under 93 first half.

Detroit -2.5 at Orlando - Detroit notoriously cannot sweep anyone. They have dominated this series until late in the 4th of each game, giving Orlando back to back covers. They have won all 6 games against the Magic this year. With the line this low, it makes me think something is up. I am playing over 183 on this one, as the Magic usually come out guns blazing in big games this year.


Suns -4 against the Lakers - Again, here we have just an utter mismatch, but this game will probably close until the end of the game. The number scares me, and I cannot bet on the Lakers. Fuuny that I would probably take the Suns if the line was -5.5 or -6. I will take the Suns on the Money Line as I think that they are the superior team here. Suns -180 ML.

Yesterdays results - 3-4, -1.4 units -
Golden State +9.5 BEST BET - loser
San Antonio -8.5 - winner
Cleveland -11.5 - loser
Golden State/Dallas Under 209.5 - loser (total was 211, 2 FTs with 7 seconds left)

San Antonio/Denver Under 193.5 - Winner
San Antonio/Denver Under 98 first half - Winner

Cleveland/Washington under 186 - Loser(73 points scored in the 4th quarter, more then both teams scored in the first and third quarter combined)

Last nights highlights - Day 5

No comments: